Suggested revisions for AMM May 2019
2.1 Remove sentence 2
Add 2.8 All members shall have equal voting rights in SCATA elections
2.7 Change "General Meeting of Members" to "Annual Meeting of Members" and "General Meeting" to "Annual Meeting"
3.1 The business of the Society shall be conducted by a Committee of Ordinary Members of the Society consisting of the Officers, namely :
- Add the following
- (Immediate) Past President as a non-voting committee post
- Industry Liaison Officer
- Events Manager
- Current Meeting Organiser
- Previous Meeting Organiser
- RCoA Liaison
- Meeting Organisers may be multiple (up to three) and may serve an additional term of up to a year as "Past Meeting Organiser" so that they can finalise any outstanding accounts for their meeting.
3.2 A quorum at a Committee meeting shall consist of five, two of whom shall not be officers
- Does this require clarification in terms of what is meant by "shall not be officers" ?
3.4 Two Ordinary Members of the Society shall each serve on the Committee for a period of up to 3 years.
- Suggest we increase this to three, as we currently have three ordinary members
Add 3.4.1 :
- The posts of Chairman and President shall be for a term of three years, with an option to serve a maximum of one additional consecutive three-year term.
3.5 The Committee may in addition co-opt other members who perform significant definable functions within the Society, and to co-opt a representative from the Group of Anaesthetists in Training. The Committee has the power to grant voting rights to co-opted members of the Committee.
- Suggest change to :
3.5 The Committee may in addition co-opt other members who perform significant definable functions within the Society. The Committee has the power to grant voting rights to co-opted members of the Committee.
- and add 3.5.1 :
There shall be a Trainee Sub-committee comprising three training-grade members, each elected for a term of three years. Elected officers of the trainee sub-committee shall not remain in office for more than six years i.e. two consecutive terms. Should a trainee sub-committee member obtain a non-training grade career post, they will be required to resign their position on the trainee sub-committee, but where possible, can be offered a different committee post, assuming there are vacancies.
3.8 Change "General Meeting" to "Annual Meeting"
3.9.1 The position of the Society in relation to the GDPR regulations is set out in the Privacy Notice (link to draft v1)
4. Change to "Annual Meeting of Members" throughout
5.5 Working Group meetings can be held ad-hoc, at a maximum frequency of two per year, subject to the availability of funding as determined by the Treasurer. All Working Group meetings must be costed in advance before a funding commitment can be made.
5.6 Other events may be held as and when appropriate, for example, sponsored sessions at the meetings of other societies and organisations. All planned events require detailed costs and, where appropriate, contracts to be agreed with venues in advance. The Treasurer shall be the final arbiter of whether ad-hoc meetings are appropriate in terms of funding.